Are you blessed with curly locks? If you’re like many curly-haired individuals, you might not consider this natural style that much of a blessing. Curly hair treatment in Branford, CT has its challenges, but with the right steps, your curls can provide natural beauty that makes straight-haired individuals green with envy.
What are the secrets to beautiful curls? Use the following tips from the pros to care for your hair. These steps will help keep your locks healthy and glamorous. You’ll be proud to shake your curls as you step out looking and feeling your best.
When it comes to shampoo, curls require special product selection. Keep the following three tips in mind as you shampoo your curls:
- Pre-shampoo: Complete this step before you shampoo your hair. This will soften and condition your locks for better results when you shampoo, condition and style your hair. Use a conditioner or conditioning oil to pre-shampoo. You should apply this product to dry hair, thoroughly working it into sections. Leave the pre-shampoo in place for 20 minutes. Wearing a shower cap or towel during this time can help the product work more effectively. Not sure if you have time for this step? Keep in mind that it can save you time later when you won’t have to detangle.
- Don’t shampoo: Have you been shampooing your curly hair every day? Stop. Curly hair doesn’t need shampooing as often as straight hair. In fact, it can stress and dry out your hair. Skip the shampoo and apply conditioner only.
- Choose shampoo: Stay away from harsh shampoos. Your curls require a mild shampoo that won’t strip away natural oils and moisture. You may even want to dilute your shampoo with distilled water to make it even more gentle on your locks.
Two concepts are important for conditioning curly hair:
- Deep conditioning: Always apply a deep conditioner after shampooing your hair. Be picky about your selection of conditioner. Find one that is right for your hair type, to strengthen or moisturize as needed. A wide-tooth comb can help you apply the conditioner evenly and thoroughly. Remember, it needs to go on your curls, not your scalp.
- Seasonal conditioning: Keep an eye on the condition of your hair throughout the year. Humidity levels and your own body cycles can change what your hair needs each season. Be sure to balance moisture and protein needs properly with the right conditioner at the right time.
Beyond shampoo and conditioner, a few basic tips for hair treatment in Branford, CT will help keep your locks looking luxurious:
- Keep it cool: While cold water might not sound appealing for your next hair wash, it can reduce frizz and keep your hair shinier.
- Ditch the towel: Avoid using rough towels on your curls. Choose micro-fiber towels or cotton t-shirts to soak up the moisture in your hair.
- Slumber on satin: Like rough towels, scratchy cotton pillowcases can be rough on your curls. Choose smooth satin pillowcases to minimize tangles and frizz.
Get More Tips
For additional tips on hair treatment in Branford, CT and all-natural products to keep your curls looking great, visit Bellissima Capelli Organic Salon. Our expert stylists are ready to help you look and feel your best!
Categorised in: Hair Treatment